Sunday, July 24, 2005

weekly summary

221km for the week. week 9 out of 18.

Well what can I say, I kept up with Scotty Wescott who is in taper for World Champs, so extremely happy with the result. Only a bit upset that I didn't keep up with him up the first incline, as it was me who let the pace slip a bit. Up until then, I think he had trouble holding onto the pace. I pulled up ok accept for a sore mid-back, which made my neck turning movements sore. A little massage from the wife seem to fix it though and some stretching last night really made a difference.

The weeks ahead allow me to focus on solid training, as limited racing and a chance to do more strength work, without mini-tapers. Will keep going to the track Tuesday night to improve 1k rep speed and endurance. Recovering really well, but will have to keep a watch out for niggly injuries.

No comments: