Monday, August 06, 2007

Cities, dodgy massage and great relay run

Well after a good taper, the Cities marathon went to plan except for that hurting bit from 35km. Was great to get the confidence of running a full marathon at speed again. I was a little disappointed I couldn't finish strong, but put that down to a lack of distance speed work. I had good speed beforehand, but lacked some of those long tempo runs. My body had not been 100% for a while. The 8k will certainly allow for a bit of body repair and mortgage repair.

After only 2 runs during the week, and a bad massage at the Zen Clinic in Macq shopping centre, where the guy put his elbow into my temple, and he also butchered my shoulder that bad that I couldn't run for the rest of the week.

Ran the Wollongong Road relays, and was really proud of the Striders performance. A great 2nd place!! A great battle on the last leg, which I was hoping to cruise through, but ran a blinder to get St.George with 150 to go. This for me was about as good a motivation as I could get with the summer season approaching.

2 comments:

Hamburglar said...

Congrats on cities win Guz.

I have a photo of you on my blog if you are interested.

http://hamburglarsrunningblog.blogspot.com/

David Criniti said...

You're an absolute star mate.

Congratulations!