Monday, July 03, 2006

PB and the typical questions...

Fri pm - 11km around home after work.
Sat am - flying to GC
Sat pm - 30 minute trundle around Paradise Gardens...

GCH - Well the race panned unusual for me. With little confidence going in, I found myself right up the front after the 1st, which seems to happen even though I don't mean to push it. Ideal conditions for a PB. Let a pack of about 6 go and hung with Barry Keem for first 7-8km, then joined by Philo up until about the turn around. I felt like I was going slow. Then both myself and Philo worked to catch 2 others that dropped off earlier pack. Once reaching the 2, at about 13km, I managed to push on. I knew someone was sticking with me, and I presumed it was a Jap, but actually Philo pushed past at 19km and I couldn't go with him. 66.23, and I know there is more upside on that time, considering the poor sessions in the past few weeks.

So the goals now, are Sydney marathon sub 2:20, with National Cross along the way. Will give it a go for a 10km PB in Sept@NH, and after that a rest for 3-4 weeks. I will not be focusing on City to Surf or Sutho to Surf, because I believe the taper and being Sunday races being a bit restrictive, timewise for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the PB.

Well done!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the PB Guz. I guess you wanted faster considering old PB was at hilly SMH. As you said you have great room for a faster time in the future. Good luck on going for the 2:20 at Sydney.